for a Ph.D.
Online Workshop & Resources for Prospective Doctoral Students
Online Workshop & Resources for Prospective Doctoral Students: Preparing for a Ph.D. or D.B.A.
Are you considering applying for an executive doctoral program?
Senior leaders who are considering Ph.D. or D.B.A. (doctorate of business administration) programs recognize that the decision to enroll in doctoral studies will require a significant time commitment. By preparing in advance, executive students can ease their transition into a doctoral program, and ensure they hit the ground running - ready to absorb new ideas and make a positive contribution through their studies and work.
To help prepare prospective students of the Ph.D. and D.B.A. Program in Values-Driven Leadership (part of Benedictine University's Daniel L. Goodwin College of Business), we've created a 1-hour online workshop. This workshop offers tips and resources including content regarding:
- Balancing the time commitment of doctoral studies
- Preparing to return to the classroom, including how to read journal articles, and what you need to know about qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Overview of financial resources
- Discussing your commitments with your family and work
- Recommended reading that can be done in advance
- Attending conferences as a way to prepare
Video: View a Previous Recording of Preparing for Your Ph.D.
Attend an Online or Campus Information Session
Join us at one of our regularly scheduled information sessions, held online and on-campus, to learn more about the program from faculty and current students, and get your questions answered. RSVP here.
How Ideas Become Dissertations
Writing a dissertation is an important part of doctoral studies. Learn how our program prepares executives to conduct original research in this short video.