Senior Leadership Doctorate Program Overview
“What I really want as a leader,” says Remi Vespa, CEO of a global technology firm, “is for people to emerge stronger because of their relationship with us.”
To advance his powerful perspective on business, Vespa enrolled in the Ph.D./D.B.A. Program in Values-Driven Leadership. The program takes senior executives beyond the fundamentals of business to help them lead flourishing companies and transform business and society. As a student in the program, Vespa is learning new evidence-based theories and tools that have a daily impact on his work.
It’s changing the way he leads.
For Senior Leaders Shaping the World of Business
Benedictine University’s Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)/Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) Program in Values-Driven Leadership is the first of its kind, specifically designed for senior leaders committed to using the creativity and discipline of business to:
- Create short-term and long-term stakeholder value
- Enrich people’s lives
- Produce products and services that benefit society
- Contribute to the health, sustainability and flourishing of the planet
The program offers a unique combination of research, theory, practice, and action-based learning to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to lead strategically at the intersection of business and society.
The doctoral program is a rigorous, collaborative learning community that connects students to globally influential leaders and a broad range of opportunities for research and practice in the areas of global leadership, strategic change, and corporate sustainability.
Distinctive features include:
- World-Class Faculty: Benedictine University’s award-winning faculty teach side-by-side with distinguished visiting scholars and executives from leading universities and companies, exposing students to the latest theories and bold ideas with marketplace impact.
- Student-Centric: The cohort-based program is designed to be completed in three years and is tailored to meet the exacting standards and demanding schedules of senior leaders who work full-time. To accommodate those who commute from around the globe, classes are held once a month on weekends and during an annual 8-day intensive. Benedictine University is a 30-minute drive from Chicago’s O’Hare and Midway airports.
- Cutting-Edge Research: Benedictine faculty and a global network of scholars work with students on research initiatives that explore the exemplary practices of sustainable, responsible companies and leaders.
- Action-Based Learning: To integrate theory and practice, students design and implement local and global application projects that have a direct and immediate impact on their organizations and communities.
- Global Exchange: Students and faculty travel internationally to engage in dynamic learning exchanges with top scholars and executives from other countries and cultures, such as China, Dubai, France, Ghana, India, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, Scandinavia, South Africa, Spain, and the U.K.
This fully-accredited program is one of the world’s premier executive doctoral programs. It launched in 2011 with a full cohort of senior executives who graduated in May 2014.
For each new cohort, we anticipate receiving over 1200 inquiries, resulting in 75-100 applications, and accepting 25-30 students.