Senior Leadership Doctorate Program Overview
For Senior Leaders Shaping the World of Business
We created Benedictine University’s Ph.D./D.B.A. Program in Values-Driven Leadership for leaders who rise above “business as usual.” Our program is the first of its kind, specifically designed for senior executives committed to using the creativity and discipline of business to:
- Create short-term and long-term stakeholder value
- Enrich people’s lives and help others thrive
- Produce products and services that benefit society
- Contribute to the health, sustainability, and flourishing of the planet
The program offers a unique combination of research, theory, practice, and action-based learning to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to lead strategically at the intersection of business and society.
Program At A Glance
- Curriculum focus: Our curriculum integrates the fields of global leadership, strategic change, and corporate sustainability. We look at each of these fields through the four levels of leadership: self, other, organization, and society.
- Format: Cohort and classroom-based, with a flexible schedule designed for working executives who commute from around the globe.
- Length: Three years - two years of course work followed by a year of dissertation writing and research.
- Class schedule: Classes are held once a month on weekends and once a year for an 6-day intensive, on our Chicago-area campus.
- Faculty: Benedictine's core faculty guide students through the program; during class weekends, the core faculty teach alongside visiting scholars from the world's leading institutions.
- Total credit hours: 66 semester credit hours
- Total cost: $40,000/year, includes books and other materials
- Timeline: Applications for the next cohort will be accepted until the cohort is full. The program begins April 8, 2021.
The doctoral program is a rigorous, collaborative learning community that connects students to globally influential leaders and a broad range of opportunities for research and practice in the areas of global leadership, strategic change, and corporate sustainability.
Distinctive features include:
- World-Class Faculty: Benedictine University’s award-winning faculty teach side-by-side with distinguished visiting scholars and executives from leading universities and companies, exposing students to the latest theories and bold ideas with marketplace impact.
- Student-Centric: The cohort-based program is designed to be completed in three years and is tailored to meet the exacting standards and demanding schedules of senior leaders who work full-time. To accommodate those who commute from around the globe, classes are held once a month on weekends and during an annual 8-day intensive. Benedictine University is a 30-minute drive from Chicago’s O’Hare and Midway airports.
- Cutting-Edge Research: Benedictine faculty and a global network of scholars work with students on research initiatives that explore the exemplary practices of sustainable, responsible companies and leaders.
- Action-Based Learning: To integrate theory and practice, students design and implement local and global application projects that have a direct and immediate impact on their organizations and communities.
- Global Exchange: Students and faculty travel internationally to engage in dynamic learning exchanges with top scholars and executives from other countries and cultures, such as Belgium, China, Dubai, France, Ghana, India, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, Scandinavia, South Africa, Spain, and the U.K.